Our billing staff plays a vital role in fulfilling our missions of providing excellent customer service to all our patients. Hunter’s Ambulance will not engage in payment collection for services at the scene, en route, or upon delivery of the patient.
Hunter’s utilizes Physio Control Revnet billing software to assist our staff in providing timely responses to all patient and third-party payer billing inquiries. We accept assignment from Medicare and Medicaid, meeting applicable medical necessity requirements. All invoices are clearly explained and all services and supplies charged to the patient are listed separately.
The following are the basic billing and collection policies of Hunter’s Ambulance:
- We will make every effort to bill, and collect payment from, the patient’s insurance companies directly.
- We utilize an outside collection agency only when all efforts fail in contacting a patient for insurance information or to arrange for payment.
- Any outside collection agency utilized by Hunter’s Ambulance will be held to the highest standard of accountability for its customer service and collection tactics. Hunter’s has a long-standing relationship with Accurate Claims Solutions and has received no significant complaints from any patient regarding their collection tactics.
- Hunter’s Ambulance will address all cases of financial hardship on an individual basis. Our only basic requirement of a patient with a financial hardship is that they contact our office and work with us cooperatively before their bill is sent to the outside collection agency.
- Any patient who contacts our billing office with a declaration of financial hardship will be offered a payment plan to meet their individual needs.
- Any patient who states they are unable to meet the terms of a payment plan for the full amount of the bill will be offered a reduction in the bill to an amount that is agreeable to both parties with the balance written off. A payment plan for the balance due will be arranged if necessary.
- All such requests and determination of financial hardship are considered on an individual case-by-case basis. Hunter’s may request documentation of the financial hardship in the form of hospital free care documentation, a letter from a third party such as a social worker, or a letter from the patient himself or herself stating that they have a financial hardship.
Please have your invoice handy as you will need the Account # and Statement ID # located on your invoice. If you have any questions regarding your bill, or wish to speak to someone directly to make a payment, please contact the Billing Department at (203) 235-3369 or toll free at 1-800-262-4782.