With a staff of highly trained professionals, Hunter's Ambulance Service stands ready to respond to individual or community medical demands. In a service industry where precision, speed and technology work within a zero tolerance, our highly skilled paramedics and talented medical staff have proven time and again that their abilities and skills can be relied upon to provide pre-hospital care and transportation. Thanks to the combined efforts of our management and employees, we take pride in acknowledging the fact that we are one of the leading providers of emergency medical services in Connecticut. We continue to work with skilled hands that are guided by compassionate hearts.
- We provide all types of specialized medical transportation and pre-hospital patient care.
- We boast a fleet of Ford and Chevrolet Demers Ambulances licensed and inspected by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Our paramedics and EMT's work in a tiered system: Advanced Life Support (ALS) units are staffed with one paramedic and one EMT. Basic Life Support (BLS) units are staffed with two EMT's. The closest, most appropriate resource is assigned to emergency and non-emergency calls.
- Lifepak - Every Hunter's Paramedic level Ambulance and intercept vehicle is equipped with a Physio Control Lifepak 15 cardiac monitor and defibrillator device. The Lifepak 15 allows our licensed paramedics to assist in diagnosing an in monitor a patient's cardiac rhythm and pulse oximetry and end tidal carbon dioxide levels. Some other features are:
- Shows SJ measurement / Real time Trending
- Full color screen that switches to high contrast B/W outside for easy visibility
- More efficient batteries / Lighter, more rugged than the current lifepaks
- New connectivity of defibrillator cables.
- We offer individualized local and long distance transportation to and from health care facilities.
- We are a source of public education on civil preparedness, preparation and mitigation.
- Our Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Communication Center utilizes multiple radio frequencies.
- Statewide radio capabilities maximize our ability to keep in touch at all times.
- We have a state-of-the-art computerized billing system.
- Our equipment services team and certified vehicle maintenance are on duty 24 hours a day.